Kilims & More
Made in India Made for India
Explore handcrafted, luxurious and unique carpets and rugs, created with unparalleled quality and curated exclusively for the interior design community.
Sustainable living is a lifestyle that attempts to reduce the ecological footprint
PET, which stands for polyethylene terephthalate is a form of polyester. Recycled polyester is made from plastic bottles, making it an environmentally friendly alternative. The material withstands water, sunlight and dirt in an extraordinary way, hence a PET yarn rug is an excellent choice for both in and outdoor use.
We, at Rajbespoke our trying to do our bit by using this technology to reduce the plastic waste and thus taking a step in the right direction.
- The PET bottles are sterilized, dried and crushed into small chips.
- The chips are heated and passed through a spinner to form strings of yarn.
- This yarn is wound up in spools.
- The fibre is then passed through a crimping machine to create a fluffy wooly texture.
- This yarn is then woven into a beautiful product.
How many bottles does it take to make our product?
We’ve calculated using a 67 oz bottle.
1 kilogram PET yarn is extracted from 45, 2 litre bottles
A 5’x8’ kilim will consume 270 bottles
A 5’x8’ tufted carpet will consume 540 bottles